Recreational Walkways and Bike Pathway Renewals 700-2012
BUILDING ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ROUTES IN WINNIPEG
This project was a component of an accessible network of nature areas and public pathways that link communities in Winnipeg. Chabot successfully completed this key component in the active transportation route, where the work included asphalt paving of the pathways and concrete works on sidewalks. The work was completed on schedule with minimal restrictions to access to the area for vehicular and recreational traffic.
Type of Service: Road Construction
Client: City of Winnipeg
Consultant: MMM Group Limited
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Description of Work
Construction of bike paths and walkways as part of the Active Transportation plan for Winnipeg.
Scope of Work
- Removal of Asphalt and Concrete
- Compaction of existing sub-grade
- Place geotextile
- Placement of sub-base and base course materials
- Placement of asphalt pavement, concrete sidewalk
- Landscaping/boulevard restoration